For a very long time I wanted to fly something small, around 2″. It would allow me to fly near home and abuse local play grounds. I almost purchased the well known Eachine Lizard95 because friends of mine fly it and they seem to have tons of fun. There are millions of reviews of the Lizard saying that it’s a great (and lightning fast) quad but there are things that I don’t like about it, like for example the not so great FPV cam. Long story short I decided to build something myself and use premium parts like the Runcam Micro Swift V2.
The following parts were used in the build.
- Frame: TomoQuads Sonic 2″
- Camera: Runcam Micro Swift V2
- VTX: Eachine VTX03 Super Mini
- Receiver: FrSky R-XSR (featuring diversity + telemetry)
- Motors: SunnySky R1104 7500KV
- FC + ESCs Tower: XJB F425 Flytower Micro (featuring DSHOT600 + OSD)
- Propellers: Gemfan 2035 2X3.5X4
The quad is extremely fast on 3S batteries, using 2S would probably be enough as well as 5500KV motors.
Pingback: SONIC | aerosurfer