Building new quads started early this year.
For a very long time I wanted to fly something small, around 2″. It would allow me to fly near home and abuse local play grounds. I almost purchased the well known Eachine Lizard95 because friends of mine fly it and they seem to have tons of fun. There are millions of reviews of the Lizard saying that it’s a great (and lightning fast) quad but there are things that I don’t like about it, like for example the not so great FPV cam. Long story short I decided to build something myself and use premium parts like the Runcam Micro Swift V2.
The following parts were used in the build.
- Frame: TomoQuads Sonic 2″
- Camera: Runcam Micro Swift V2
- VTX: Eachine VTX03 Super Mini
- Receiver: FrSky R-XSR (featuring diversity + telemetry)
- Motors: SunnySky R1104 7500KV
- FC + ESCs Tower: XJB F425 Flytower Micro (featuring DSHOT600 + OSD)
- Propellers: Gemfan 2035 2X3.5X4
The quad is extremely fast on 3S batteries, using 2S would probably be enough as well as 5500KV motors.
Not finished yet and still building. Time is worth more than money these days. OMNIBUS F4 V3 is soldered (except beeper but who needs that anyway). Check out previous post.
And by the way… did you see that OMNIBUS F7 FC on Aribot’s web site? Why do I still run F4?
New Hiking Rig
Crusader @ KISS AIO V2
Diatone Crusader frame @ KISS AIO V2 = 3″ Smoothness Overload
– KISS CompactCTRL CC All-in-One @ 16A KISS ESCs
– Diatone Crusader 150 Frame
– Diatone D-Silver 1408 4000KV Motors
– Diatone SP3 VTX + OSD
– HS1177 FPV Camera @ 2.8mm Lens
– TBS Triump Antenna
– FrSky XSR RX
– Smoothness Infinity
– 4S Powah @ 4000KV Motors
– MWOSD OSD
– Power Switchable VTX
– FrSky Telemetry
– No ESCs @ Arms
– GoPro Session Ready
– HS1177 Camera
KISSed ImpulseRC 5″ Alien
Alien 4″ Update
The alien now has sexy tubes for RX antennas and is equipped with the XSR (fits better) instead of the X4R-SB. It flies really well with the OMNIBUS F3 AIO Pro. I am selling this monster so get in touch with me if you’re interested!
- ImpulseRC Alien 4″ Frame
- OMNIBUS F3 AIO Pro with OSD
- FrSky XSR RX (including telemetry)
- EMAX Red Bottoms 2600KV
- Racerstar 30A V2 BLHeli_S ESCs (DSHOT600 capable)
- Newest and bug free Foxeer TM25 Switcher VTX
- HS1177 (2.5mm, IR sensitive lens)
- TBS Triumph
- Extremely loud buzzer 😀
You must be logged in to post a comment.