Building new quads started early this year.
For a very long time I wanted to fly something small, around 2″. It would allow me to fly near home and abuse local play grounds. I almost purchased the well known Eachine Lizard95 because friends of mine fly it and they seem to have tons of fun. There are millions of reviews of the Lizard saying that it’s a great (and lightning fast) quad but there are things that I don’t like about it, like for example the not so great FPV cam. Long story short I decided to build something myself and use premium parts like the Runcam Micro Swift V2.
The following parts were used in the build.
- Frame: TomoQuads Sonic 2″
- Camera: Runcam Micro Swift V2
- VTX: Eachine VTX03 Super Mini
- Receiver: FrSky R-XSR (featuring diversity + telemetry)
- Motors: SunnySky R1104 7500KV
- FC + ESCs Tower: XJB F425 Flytower Micro (featuring DSHOT600 + OSD)
- Propellers: Gemfan 2035 2X3.5X4
The quad is extremely fast on 3S batteries, using 2S would probably be enough as well as 5500KV motors.
Diatone Crusader frame @ KISS AIO V2 = 3″ Smoothness Overload
– KISS CompactCTRL CC All-in-One @ 16A KISS ESCs
– Diatone Crusader 150 Frame
– Diatone D-Silver 1408 4000KV Motors
– Diatone SP3 VTX + OSD
– HS1177 FPV Camera @ 2.8mm Lens
– TBS Triump Antenna
– FrSky XSR RX
– Smoothness Infinity
– 4S Powah @ 4000KV Motors
– MWOSD OSD
– Power Switchable VTX
– FrSky Telemetry
– No ESCs @ Arms
– GoPro Session Ready
– HS1177 Camera
The alien now has sexy tubes for RX antennas and is equipped with the XSR (fits better) instead of the X4R-SB. It flies really well with the OMNIBUS F3 AIO Pro. I am selling this monster so get in touch with me if you’re interested!